The biomarker for venous thromboembolism
VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMS ARE DIFFICULT TO DIAGNOSE
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE) are diagnostically challenging conditions that carry a high cost if not recognized and treated promptly.
- Accurate diagnosis of DVT and PE remain a problem and with improper testing, risky, expensive, imaging and treatments may be done unnecessarily.
- DVT and PE present like many other medical problems, but emergency medicine doctors have no time to waste, and the majority of PE-related deaths occur within the first hour
- Research shows that the fibrin degradation product D-dimer, in general, is a valuable diagnostic marker used as an aid to the rule-out of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE), including thromboembolic events such as Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- RAMP D-dimer, unlike traditional D-dimer assays, uses EDTA whole blood directly and samples do not require centrifugation and speed up processing time.
- RAMP D-dimer is relatively inexpensive and provides lab quality quantitative results in ~15 minutes.
24 Hour Technical Support Available for all RAMP Customers
Contact Our Specialists
For Any Inquiries